BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Philosophy on Life as of Summer 2010: Part One

In my life, I have come across sources and information that have made me think about my tenets. They hae changed quite a bit over the years- but the ones I have now have proved to me the best way to do things in my own life. I believe that humanity is black and white, "good" and also "evil". I've seen "good" people do "bad" things, and "bad" people do "good" things- and I have come to believe in the saying, as quoted from the movie Hogswatch- "Things just happen... what the hell."
My tenets are rather complicated. My prime mover is not just one male deity, like most of the western faiths, but a god AND a goddess. I believe this because I figure that there is no way that one of the male persona can run things by themselves, because eventually, they are going to fuck things up. This is a personal philosophy. In "The Book of Shadows," they speak of "the Goddess" being the first deity created, and that she gave birth to "the God." I really don't know that it's right, or if it's wrong, but I believe that all of the beliefs and "Gods" exist because of human belief.




Also in Hogswatch, strange things happen, like for example- "The God of Hangovers" was blinked into existance because a human thought him up, also "The Veruca Knome," and "The Sock Monster." Now, I'm not going into the extreme that veruca knomes and sock monsters are going to pop into your house if you think of them, but I do believe that this concept works for the whole "God" notion. I've also toyed with the idea that everything you believe in being created on their own astral plane.
Now, as for the creation of the universe, I believe that it might have been created by a deity, such as "the Goddess," but I also wonder if it was just a huge mistake, and we are just here because we got lucky. Or maybe, perhaps, we were the Gods at one point, and put other Gods in charge by thinking they were in charge instead of us. Kind of like unknowingly giving your position away to another coworker and not being able to get it back. Maybe we thought ourselves into existance. Maybe it's all just a big, chaotic mess that just suddenly poofed into existance, like in the movie Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, when the whale just is created by accident and falls through the sky. It seems rather pliable to me. We are a nation of whales.
Humans are funny creatures. From my observations, they are so different, yet the same-tied together by common emotions that rule them. I've heard many different religions say that Humans are on the earth to do "God's bidding," follow their "destiny," and whatnot. Could it be possible that we are being controlled, like a puppet, or some sort of Barbie doll for a higher being? Could it be possible that that higher being can plan out your life track and send you out into the world with their imprint on you- so you can be played like a video game character? Follow the stars, Mario. I personally have the opinion that I'm not sure that I have an opinion. Because sometimes- I feel as if someone is pulling the strings and watching me fumble around- like how I watch a anime and snicker underneath my breath at their corky circumstances- and sometimes I feel as if it's my life; DAMN anyone who tries to control me, higher being or not- I'm making this stupid decision on my frickin own. But then again, is that what they want me to think?
My opinion on human nature is that we are what we are, and nothing can really change that, God or no. There is no pure shade of white, nor darkest shade of black- no being totally "good" or "evil", we are just animals. Animals that have the curse of thinking really hard about totally stupid things that don't even really matter anyway. We follow our instincts, sometimes, but most of the time we think with our emotions- and emotions are really unstable, so... guess what? We are too. We are chaos, but not by definition, "good" or "bad." I formed this opinion by studying the people around me, and reading "The Way of Zen," which helped me add onto my own theories.
Who knows if I'm wrong or right? I'm just thinking free range. Who knows? More later. I'm getting typing cramp.

0 comments: